Thank you for your interest in exploring employment opportunities with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). We employ more than 2,000 people across the State of Ohio.
ODNR is proud to have a diverse workforce in an array of professions such as law enforcement, information technology, natural resources and environmental sciences, administrative, engineering, and many more. Our employees can be found in every county of Ohio. In fact, few state agencies are as widely spread out or have as many responsibilities that directly and positively touch the day-to-day lives of so many Ohioans.
Submitting an ODNR Employment Application
- Only applications received for current job postings will be considered.
- DNR job postings are categorized as follows:
- non-exempt (union positions). Non-exempt positions are filled in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement. The two labor unions that represent DNR employees are
Ohio Civil Service Employees Association
Fraternal Order of Police/Ohio Labor Council, Inc.
Additionally, in accordance with Ohio law, state agencies may be required to fill certain positions from a certification eligibility list (civil service examination). Should the position not be filled in accordance with the foregoing, the applications are pre-screened for minimum qualifications and related education and/or experience.
- exempt (non-union) position
- Applicants must submit an Ohio Civil Service Application (GEN 4268). The application may be submitted via mail, in person, or online. Applicants need to address in detail how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications and any other education an/or experience related to the position for which the applicant wishes to be given consideration.
- One application should be submitted for each position of interest. The PCN (Position Control Number) must be included on the application. Applications submitted without a PCN will not be given consideration.
- Applications submitted (in person or postmarked) after the deadline date indicated on the job vacancy announcement will not be accepted.
- Information and updates on DNR employment opportunities are available on the State of Ohio website by clicking here, or on our automated job information hotline at (614) 265-6990.
The Department fills vacancies through the use of a posting procedure. Many college internship positions are available year round throughout the department. Duties can range from wildlife research to life guarding, from water resources to engineering from zoologist to channel assessment from GIS Mapping to geologic investigations. Interns are also needed for technical assistance, information and technology, and to assist watercraft officers.
Internships can be either academic or non-academic. An academic internship is generally needed as part of curriculum and/or academic credits toward graduation. Non-academic internship requires enrollment in an accredited educational institution. Resumes can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or mailed to ODNR-OHR, 2045 Morse Rd. bldg. D-1, Columbus, Ohio 43229.
The State of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provider of ADA services.